One Love is an independent festival. Here we endeavor to create a world where hope and love joins everybody into a positive force; a world where everyone is welcome and no one is judged, a world with an atmosphere of acceptance, where there are no boarders – One Love, One World, One People.
Our aim is to minimise the potential negative impact we have on the environment and to leave a positive contribution to the local community and economy.
The measures we have put in place to achieve this are:
- Aim to be a fair employer, pay fair wages to artists and offer good working conditions to both employees and volunteers.
- Engage with the local community by supporting local community groups and offering free tickets to One Love for anyone living within a certain distance of the festival that may be negatively affected by it.
- Aspire to work with charities to positive effect. This year One Love partners Greenpeace, Samaritans and The Joe Strummer Foundation. These charities are given the opportunity to be a part of the festival, enabling them to recruit like minded people and spread their message further.
- Strive to reduce festival miles by partnering Big Green Coach, who for every customer sponsors and protects 5 square foot of Amazonian Rainforest for 10 years. Furthermore, we support car sharing incentives and endeavor to reduce our own festival miles by sourcing local suppliers.
- Lessen waste where possible, by using composting toilets on site, reusable cups at our bars, limiting the availability of disposable plastic bottle, banning plastic straws and bags and donating forgotten tents to charity whilst still promoting ‘Leave No Trace’ philosophy to our visitors.
- Monitor water usage, offering free drinking water on site to reduce disposable bottles and encourage the use of reusable cups.
- Welcome suggestions on how to improve and encourage our visitors, performers, suppliers and partners to consider their impact on the local environment.
We recognize that One Love Festival has a long way to become carbon neutral but we are moving in the right direction. Our plan is to maintain and promote ethical standards, strive for continuous improvement and reduce our environmental impact by introducing more public facing local and global sustainability projects and making a move towards renewable power use